I think it's time to retire my 30 Before 30 list. I started this list back in 2010 in anticipation of my 30th birthday. That birthday came and went, and I decided to give myself my 30th year to complete items, but to be quite honest, I mostly forgot about the list. Before it's retired from my blog, let's do one last recap:
30 Before 30
1. Host my hubby's 30th birthday party- 10/16/10
2. Have a picnic (maybe a night picnic)- 1/16/11
3. Make a random bouquet from hand-picked flowers- I used to do this all the time in college... didn't happen.
4. Kayak in our neighborhood lake- Kayak has a leak, not going to happen.
5. Go on night walks every night for a week-- September 2010
6. Find a good de-caff chai-4/17/11-- March 2011 in San Francisco
7. Wave sparklers- 11/15/10 and 12/31/10
8. Go to a night observatory- December 2011
9. Dance everyday for a week- 2/20/11
10. Swim at a public pool in AZ- 6/26/10
Places To Go
11. Go to New York City- 8/13/10-8/16/10
12. Shop at Mood in NYC- 8/13/10
13. Go snorkeling- 7/22/10- read about it here
14. Meet Tico in DC- 8/11/10- read about it here
15. Hike to a waterfall (bonus for kissing under a waterfall)- Someday!!!
16. Go to the Grand Canyon again- Labor Day weekend 2012
17. Swim in the Pacific and Atlantic (7/22/10 and April 2012) oceans in one year's time- I was at the Pacific twice in 2012, but it's too cold to get in!!!
18. See Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas 5/28/11, Saw Cirque in AZ in July 2012
Stuff To Make
19. Make a tie for my hubby- Sorry hubby! But I did do some other sewing for my hubby.
20. Sew sheet toys for the pups- Sorry pups!
21. Create labels for my sewing projects- I had labels made- 2/22/11
22. Sew Swim Suit- 6/29/10
23. Open Etsy shop- Still not quite ready for this
24. Finish second Master's program- 5/12/11
25. Try new hairstyles- ongoing- read about it here and here and here
26. Go a week without watching TV- 8/18/11
27. Don't buy anything for a week- Darn online fabric shopping!!!
28. Get acupuncture- 2/24/11
29. Personal Goal 1- 8/12/11
30. Personal Goal 2- 12/31/11
These two were goals that I'm not comfortable sharing on the blog, but they're the ones that I am most proud of.
All-in-all, my 30 Before 30 list provided reminders of fun things to do that made me happy. Glad I made the list, but equally glad that I didn't stress out about doing these things, and I'm ready to move on!